The Institute is designed to be of ultimate practice value to all three subgroups in the patent law community: patent prosecutors, patent litigators, and strategic/transactional lawyers. The two-day schedule includes seven plenary sessions of interest to all patent lawyers and five breakout sessions in each of the three subgroups.
Do not miss this unique opportunity to sharpen your practice skills and network with federal judges, USPTO officials, in-house counsel and outside patent lawyers.
Plenary sessions include:
- Featured Speaker: Former USPTO Director David J. Kappos
- A dialogue with prominent members of the bench and bar, including Federal Circuit Judge S. Jay Plager
- Key buyers, sellers and brokers of patent assets divulge inner workings of the patent marketplace
- Federal judges provide insight on patent law and litigation
- The practice impact of the America Invents Act, and recent Supreme Court and Federal Circuit decisions
- Corporate counsel discuss critical issues that keep them awake at night
On the first day of the Institute, Matthias Kamber will present "Developments in Pharma & Biotech Patent Litigation." His presentation will cover:
- The impact of patent reform efforts on life sciences litigation
- FTC v. Actavis and the future of reverse payment pharma settlements
- The impact of Myriad and other Section 101 cases on pharma and biotech litigation
- And other important life sciences litigation developments
For a complete schedule, registration and other information, please visit the PLI website at this link.