The one day conference will cover:
- Common Issues, Case Development & Theories
- Motions for Summary Judgment
- Other Motions
- Oral Argument
- Heading to Trial Considerations
- Pre-Trial Matters such as: Jury selection/voir dire; Jury instructions; Opening trial briefs; Motions in Limine; Motion to Exclude Witnesses from Courtroom
- Trial Presentation such as: Opening statements; Direct and Cross-Examinations; Evidentiary Objections; Introduction of Exhibits; Expert Witnesses / Expert Reports; Closing argument
- Post-Trial Motions
For more information, please visit the conference website at this link.
About Steven Ragland
Mr. Ragland has extensive experience in a broad range of complex civil litigation and criminal defense matters. In the civil realm, he has successfully represented clients in matters involving allegations of trade secret misappropriation, legal malpractice, copyright infringement, fraud, and unfair business practices, among many other tort and contract claims. Mr. Ragland has also represented individuals and companies facing criminal charges ranging from securities, mail, and wire fraud to drug and terrorism offenses.
Mr. Ragland has litigated criminal and civil cases in state and federal courts throughout California and the nation. His significant appellate experience includes cases in the California Courts of Appeal, the Supreme Court of California, numerous Federal Circuit Courts of Appeal, and the United States Supreme Court.